It’s an unusual time to be in the secondaries market. Deals are largely on pause as the world deals with the coronavirus crisis and many fundraises have taken a backseat to more pressing issues.
And yet, the secondaries market thrives on dislocation. When the dust settles, billion-dollar-plus portfolios of LP stakes are likely to return, and while preferred equity may be the topic du jour in the interim, GP-led processes should be back with a vengeance.
So who are the young professionals likely to shape the secondaries market’s future? Which buyside, sellside, advisory and legal professionals are originating and executing the cutting-edge deals that keep secondaries one of the most creative private markets sectors? We want to know.
Send us your nominations for the Secondaries Investor Young Guns Class of 2020 – the fifth year we’ve compiled the industry’s definitive ranking.
The results will appear online and in the September secondaries special edition of sister publication Private Equity International. Our criteria are:
- Candidates must have been 35 years or younger on 1 January 2020
- Candidates must not have been a Secondaries Investor Young Gun before
- If you are nominating someone from your own firm, you must also nominate a candidate from another firm
- Nominees must be outstanding in their field and entries must outline how the candidate has made outstanding contributions to secondaries. Have they generated innovative deals? Have they helped expand the sector? Are they pushing the industry’s boundaries or raising the bar across asset classes?
- Nominations for multiple candidates at the same firm are welcome, but a maximum of one finalist per firm will be selected
The Young Guns will be chosen by a panel of Secondaries Investor and PEI editorial staff.
Email email@example.com by 5pm Eastern Time on Friday 19 June with details of the person’s contributions to the market. Then keep your eye on Secondaries Investor for the list.