Creativity in secondaries is reaching new heights. From fundless sponsor GP-leds such as Glendower Capital’s deal with Argonne Capital, to strip asset sales like Warburg Pincus’s transaction with Lexington Partners and Goldman Sachs, to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board‘s preferred equity stapled deal with Olympus Capital Asia, the secondaries market is continuing to innovate.
Many of the people originating and driving these deals are young, dedicated professionals who deserve to be recognised for helping drive the industry to where it is today.
People make the industry, be they buyside, sellside, advisors, legal professionals, lenders or anything in between. So we want your nominations for the Secondaries Investor Young Guns Class of 2018.
The results will be online and in the September secondaries special edition of sister publication Private Equity International. Our criteria are:
- Candidates must have been 35 years or younger on 1 January 2018
- Candidates must not have been a Secondaries Investor Young Gun before
- If you are nominating someone from your own firm, you must also nominate a candidate from another firm
- Nominees must be outstanding in their field and entries must outline how the candidate has made overwhelming contributions to secondaries. Have they generated innovative deals? Have they helped expand the sector? Are they pushing the industry’s boundaries or raising the bar across asset classes?
- Nominations for multiple candidates at the same firm are welcome, but a maximum of one finalist per firm will be selected
The Young Guns will be chosen by a panel of Secondaries Investor and PEI editorial staff.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Eastern Time on 29 June with details of the person’s contributions to the market. Then keep your eye on Secondaries Investor for the list.