Has there ever been a better time to be a young secondaries professional? With deal volume at a record high last year and a seemingly insatiable appetite for GP-led processes, the secondaries market is going from strength to strength.
Resources remains an issue. Talented professionals with secondaries experience are few and far between, compared with their wider buyout compatriots. Advisers are jumping to the buyside and vice-versa, while lawyers are even being tapped to join secondaries firms as investors, Secondaries Investor has heard.
It’s against this competitive backdrop that we want to highlight the best in class in secondaries talent. Now in its seventh year, we’re searching for the buyside, sellside, advisory and legal professionals who are originating and executing the deals that keep secondaries one of the most creative private markets sectors.
Send us your nominations for the Next Gen Leaders Class of 2022.
The results will appear online and in the September secondaries special edition of affiliate publication Private Equity International. Our criteria are:
- Candidates must have been 35 years old or younger on 1 January 2022;
- Candidates must not have made the ranking before;
- If you are nominating someone from your own firm, you must also nominate a candidate from another firm;
- Nominees must be outstanding in their field and entries must outline how the candidate has made exceptional contributions to secondaries. Have they generated innovative deals? Have they helped expand the sector? Are they pushing boundaries or raising the bar across asset classes?
- Nominations for multiple candidates at the same firm are welcome, but a maximum of one finalist per firm will be selected.
The Next Gen Leaders will be chosen by a panel of Secondaries Investor and PEI editorial staff, as well as external judges.
Email email@example.com by 5pm Eastern Time on Friday 1 July with details of the person’s contributions to the market. Then keep your eye on Secondaries Investor for the list.