The secondaries market has returned to full steam in recent months. Stake sales are back, with several $1 billion-plus portfolios hitting the market, and the pipeline of GP-led deals is as strong as ever. Many market sources Secondaries Investor speaks to anticipate a record year for transaction volume.
Who are the young professionals working to get all these deals over the line, cutting their teeth on the latest deal types and helping to shape the market’s future? Which buyside, sellside, advisory and legal professionals are originating and executing the deals that keep secondaries one of the most creative private markets sectors? We want you to let us know.
Send us your nominations for the Next Gen Leaders Class of 2021.
The results will appear online and in the September secondaries special edition of affiliate publication Private Equity International. Our criteria are:
- Candidates must have been 35 years or younger on 1 January 2021;
- Candidates must not have made the ranking before;
- If you are nominating someone from your own firm, you must also nominate a candidate from another firm;
- Nominees must be outstanding in their field and entries must outline how the candidate has made exceptional contributions to secondaries. Have they generated innovative deals? Have they helped expand the sector? Are they pushing boundaries or raising the bar across asset classes?
- Nominations for multiple candidates at the same firm are welcome, but a maximum of one finalist per firm will be selected.
The Next Gen Leaders will be chosen by a panel of Secondaries Investor and PEI editorial staff, as well as external judges.
Email email@example.com by 5pm Eastern Time on Friday 18 June with details of the person’s contributions to the market. Then keep your eye on Secondaries Investor for the list.
Find our previous rankings here: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016.