Sister publication Private Equity International‘s PEI Awards remain the only honours in the industry decided solely by the industry, who vote in their thousands.
The shortlists are drawn up in November by a global edit team who canvass the views of colleagues and contacts in the market to find out which firms, funds and deals stood out during the year.
This year there are 17 secondaries categories – a record. We’ve split the regional deal awards in two – LP Sale of the Year and GP-led Deal of the Year – and added two new awards: Preferred Equity Deal of the Year (Global) and Direct Secondaries Deal of the Year (Global)
We’re getting the ball rolling by asking for your help. Click HERE to remind us of your firm’s achievements in 2019 – the deadline is Friday, 15 November 2019.
Please state the category for which you are submitting.
These reminders are, of course, no guarantee of success – but they help to ensure we have a fully rounded picture as we begin the process of deciding who will appear on our shortlists.
Frequently asked questions
When do I need to submit information?
The deadline for submissions is Friday, 15 November 2019.
How much information should I submit?
We would always advise being as brief as possible. Four bullet points, including relevant data, is more valuable than three sides of text.
What information is useful?
This is an annual awards process, so information relating to your organisation’s activity this year is key. Think about useful metrics: if you are a law firm, how many deals have you advised on and what types of transactions were they? As a buyer, what landmark transactions did you work on that should be recognised? If you are an advisor, how has your work this year helped expand the secondaries market?
Avoid: unsupported general statements (“we have had another busy year/we are a leading firm”)
Where do I submit?
Can I submit confidential information?
You can; please mark it strictly confidential. It will then be taken into consideration and not published.
What are the categories?
Please see the full list of secondaries categories below. Wider PEI awards with all 76 categories are here.
Can I submit multiple entries?
Yes. Please create a separate entry for each category entered. If the information supplied is applicable to both categories, then feel free to duplicate elements of the content.
When will we find out if we are shortlisted?
The voting will open in early December, at which point you can see who has been short-listed in each category. Please visit www.secondariesinvestor.com and www.privateequityinternational.com to check.
- Preferred equity deal of the year (global)
- Direct secondaries deal of the year (global)
- LP sale of the year in Europe
- GP-led deal of the year in Europe
- Secondaries firm of the year in Europe
- Secondaries advisor of the year in Europe
- Secondaries law firm of the year in Europe
- LP sale of the year in the Americas
- GP-led deal of the year in the Americas
- Secondaries firm of the year in the Americas
- Secondaries advisor of the year in the Americas
- Secondaries law firm of the year in North America
- LP sale of the year in Asia
- GP-led deal of the year in Asia
- Secondaries firm of the year in Asia
- Secondaries advisor of the year in Asia
- Secondaries law firm of the year in Asia
CLICK HERE to access the submission form.
See last year’s winners here.
Join the PEI Insight Community
- Do you use one or more of our products?
- Do you think they could be improved?
- Do you want to help shape their future design and direction?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of these, then PEI wants you to join its growing community of customers helping us build better products. JOIN HERE