Pantheon International Plc, Pantheon’s listed investment vehicle, made six secondaries investments in the three months to the end of August in strategies including energy, transport and turnaround.
The London-listed fund of funds invested £50.5 million ($67 million; €57 million) in these deals, according to a monthly update published at the end of September. The transactions include:
- £9 million in a portfolio of North American buyout, growth and turnaround funds that was 91 percent funded at completion;
- £2.8 million in an Iberian mid-market buyout fund;
- £10.4 million in a North American mid-market buyout fund;
- £3.2 million in a European small buyout fund; and
- £13.7 million in a portfolio of five energy and transport assets
Secondaries deals accounted for 40 percent of PIP’s £125 million worth of total investments during the period by value. The vehicle made 22 investments over the three months, including five primary commitments and 11 co-investments.
PIP’s private equity assets stood at £1.5 billion as of 31 August, up 25 percent from £1.2 billion at the same point last year.
The vehicle is a subsidiary of London-based Pantheon, which had $36 billion in assets under management as of 31 March.